Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Saving Message "You don't Have Permission..."

This problem just started recently on my iMac. Anytime I save any projects, an error will pop up that says something like "You don’t have permission to save the file “______” in the folder “________”. For each project the blanks are different. I'll attach a picture of the message that shows up for one project. When I hit okay, the project does save, but it still bothers me that it does this and makes me worried that something else is wrong. Some other problems have popped up at the same time, such as no videos opening in quicktime when I double click them, and similar weird pop-ups showing up when I export final cut projects. Everytime I bounce a project on garageband the spinning ball also shows up for 15 second which never happened before either. It just is odd that all this issues started at the same time, so I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into what the issue could be.

Thanks for the help!

Joshu

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:18 AM

Have you tried to give "Full Disk Access" to GarageBand in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy?

Similar questions

4 replies

May 1, 2020 5:49 PM in response to léonie

Thanks! I did some other things, and also gave GarageBand full disk access and that all seemed to solve the problem of the popup when saving projects. Now something else is happening though. When I open projects a finder pop up shows up and says something like "locate ______.nib" or something like that. I'll attach another screen shot. When I hit cancel, the project does open so it's not causing anything bad to happen yet, but again I feel like something just isn't quite right...

May 2, 2020 6:13 AM in response to JoshuLDB

Which version of GarageBand are you using? I am not seeing such a warning, when I am trying to open GarageBand. My Version is10.3.4. There is no Space Designer plug-in or traces of this in the current GarageBand application bundle. Are you perhaps using older sounds from Logic Pro X or Mainstage? Or are using older Audio Units as a plug-in, that may need updating? Older third-party software could have added incompatible system extensions, that are causing GarageBand to try to open outdated frameworks.

May 2, 2020 8:49 AM in response to léonie

I'm using 10.3.4 as well. However, I have all my projects saved on an external drive because I record some parts of them on an older mac book running an older version of garageband because I do the editing on an iMac that I can't move to where I record. So would the switching between computers most likely be the issue? I'm not using any older sounds or plugins that I know of from the older version, but maybe I did something unintentionally.

GarageBand Saving Message "You don't Have Permission..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.