Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto book

An error occurred while contacting the Apple Online Store. Please try again.

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 10:06 AM

plien3112 wrote:

On the Apple site it looks like if they sill print iphoto books! Where did you find this if I may ask?
Do you have any experience with other services?

The iPhoto Help has been written, when iPhoto has been still supported, but when I follow the links from the built-in iPhoto Help, I am ending up on outdated support pages for Photos, for example: https://www.apple.com/macos/print-products/

But when you look at the more recent support pages for Photos, you will see, that Apple is no offering any print services at all - Apple is leaving the print products market solely to third-party services:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 10:06 AM in response to plien3112

plien3112 wrote:

On the Apple site it looks like if they sill print iphoto books! Where did you find this if I may ask?
Do you have any experience with other services?

The iPhoto Help has been written, when iPhoto has been still supported, but when I follow the links from the built-in iPhoto Help, I am ending up on outdated support pages for Photos, for example: https://www.apple.com/macos/print-products/

But when you look at the more recent support pages for Photos, you will see, that Apple is no offering any print services at all - Apple is leaving the print products market solely to third-party services:

May 1, 2020 11:07 AM in response to lammi181

Are you able to create a PDF file for that book? Try holding down the Option key and click on the Buy Book button.  That will give you a PDF file that is the same as was uploaded to Apple when they were still offering print services.

If so there's a 3rd party book provider which used to do the printing for Apple as a sub-contractor, Mimeo, that will take PDF files created by iPhoto and Photos and print and bind books and calendars. 

Also you can upload the PDF file to PrestoPhotos which can also print and bind books and calendars from iPhoto or Photos pdf files.  They've been doing it for some time now.  

Use the PrestoPhotos or Mimeo links above for direct access to the PDF file uploading and book/calendar ordering page for each site. 

iphoto book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.