Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto "buy book"

Trying to "buy Book" project from iPhoto and keep getting an error message "An error occurred while contacting the Apple Online Store. Please try again." I've read mixed solutions on this site to no avail. I had no trouble when submitting my last book project two years ago.

iMac Pro

Posted on May 31, 2019 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 11:31 AM

Are you able to create a PDF file for that book?  If so there's a 3rd party book provider which used to do the printing for Apple, Mimeo, that will take PDF files created by iPhoto and Photos and print and bind books and calendars. 

Also you can upload the PDF file to PrestoPhotos which can print and bind books and calendars from iPhoto or Photos pdf files.  They've been doing it for some time now.  

Use the PrestoPhotos or Mimeo links above for direct access to the PDF file uploading and book/calendar ordering page for each site and for directions on making the pdf file.. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 11:31 AM in response to alicefrombena

Are you able to create a PDF file for that book?  If so there's a 3rd party book provider which used to do the printing for Apple, Mimeo, that will take PDF files created by iPhoto and Photos and print and bind books and calendars. 

Also you can upload the PDF file to PrestoPhotos which can print and bind books and calendars from iPhoto or Photos pdf files.  They've been doing it for some time now.  

Use the PrestoPhotos or Mimeo links above for direct access to the PDF file uploading and book/calendar ordering page for each site and for directions on making the pdf file.. 

iphoto "buy book"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.