Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware alert on my iPhone

Hi, I have been reading online materials for a while, but recently I started receiving malware alerts and provoked to download anti virus for my iPhone 8 Plus. I ignored that constantly but today I received a warning from apple (not precisely apple.com) with a system logo warning saying 'pay attention to the alerts'. It said there are three viruses in your system which are making the battery weak. However, my system's notification is not showing any indication of such a trouble.

I have been a iPhone user for almost 8-9 years, but never received this kind of warning earlier. My question is if I should pay heed to the warnings which are popping up while I use safari?

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:02 PM

These are all scams and phishing spam. Delete and ignore.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams (Apple article):

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

11 replies

May 24, 2020 8:14 AM in response to vandana111

First, go to Settings-> Safari-> Clear History and Website Data. This will help with removing any trackers installed on to your phone through a website. Afterwards, getting a solid antivirus for the phone should keep other malware from entering your phone. Many of the better antivirus apps cost money, but I believe there are some free ones out there.

May 24, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Apples_and_pears126

Apples_and_pears126 wrote:

First, go to Settings-> Safari-> Clear History and Website Data. This will help with removing any trackers installed on to your phone through a website. Afterwards, getting a solid antivirus for the phone should keep other malware from entering your phone. Many of the better antivirus apps cost money, but I believe there are some free ones out there.

As there are currently no viruses that affect an unjailbroken iOS device, what, exactly is the point of an anti-virus program?

Malware alert on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.