Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering data from Iphone 5S to SE

I am buying a new SE and want to transfer all my data. Wifi and internet is very poor so i purchased a Lightning to USB 3 camera adaptor. I saw on an Apple help page i also need a Lightning to USB cable.

I assume the latter is the standard charger cable that comes with the new phone, can anyone advise please?

ParkEndLodge

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:26 AM

new phone will come with lightening cable and mains adapter.

Not sure about trying to connect them together.

If you lay them side by side you will be invited to transfer from old to new through the air (NFC or bluetooth or WIFI I cant remember.) as soon as you activate with the same appleID.

Or you can restore to new phone from the old phone's itunes or icloud backup

If you regularly use a PC or Mac to manage and store photos I recommend you transfer them all to the computer first for safety.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 4:26 AM in response to ParkEndLodge

new phone will come with lightening cable and mains adapter.

Not sure about trying to connect them together.

If you lay them side by side you will be invited to transfer from old to new through the air (NFC or bluetooth or WIFI I cant remember.) as soon as you activate with the same appleID.

Or you can restore to new phone from the old phone's itunes or icloud backup

If you regularly use a PC or Mac to manage and store photos I recommend you transfer them all to the computer first for safety.

Transfering data from Iphone 5S to SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.