Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Crashes when connected with external display (samsung c34H89)

Guys I have 13" Macbook Pro 2017 (no touch-bar) with Catalina 10.15.4 which is connected onto external monitor Samsung c34H89.

If I forget to disconnect MBp, next morning I wait that MBp reboot and let me know it crashed...

I contacted support and they say it is external monitors fault... but here I see a lot of same or similar trouble with all kind of monitor and even LG's...

Anybody know solution to this issue?

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:54 AM

DraganS wrote:

Guys I have 13" Macbook Pro 2017 (no touch-bar) with Catalina 10.15.4 which is connected onto external monitor Samsung c34H89.

If I forget to disconnect MBp, next morning I wait that MBp reboot and let me know it crashed...

I contacted support and they say it is external monitors fault... but here I see a lot of same or similar trouble with all kind of monitor and even LG's...

To trouble shoot I would try a different cable, a different port to test, a different adapter.

Apple branded is always preferred over third party for this reason.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 4:54 AM in response to DraganS

DraganS wrote:

To trouble shoot I would try a different cable, a different port to test, a different adapter.

Apple branded is always preferred over third party for this reason.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

MacBook Pro Crashes when connected with external display (samsung c34H89)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.