Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror home screen layout between iPhone and iPad

Hello, I'm struggling - I have heaps of Apps and have spent a lot of time organising them all into folders on my iPhone. I now want that to be mirrored on my iPad. This used to be done with iTunes but now I have no idea. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:18 AM

The ability to move apps in iTunes in the past was removed a good time back. There would not be an app that would have access to the information necessary to map out all of your maps and folders. Given the major changes that have occurred in iTunes over the years, I don't see them changing it back to allow for managing apps in iTunes again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 9:18 AM in response to Ben40Chef

The ability to move apps in iTunes in the past was removed a good time back. There would not be an app that would have access to the information necessary to map out all of your maps and folders. Given the major changes that have occurred in iTunes over the years, I don't see them changing it back to allow for managing apps in iTunes again.

Apr 30, 2020 9:11 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for replying - I realise some apps don't work on both but it seems logical that common ones would copy the folder allocation... That would make life SOOOOO much easier. As it is, my Apps are in different folders on each device because there are heaps and when I set each device up, I can't recall where I put them on the other device. I reckon to manually mirror them, it could take me a couple of frustrating hours :(

Mirror home screen layout between iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.