Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have the same set-up mirrored on my iphone and ipad

Hi,

I have just purchased an iPad Pro 4th gen and I want to have the exact same set-up as my iPhone 11. The apps have transferred across from iCloud but they are all over the place instead of the files created on my iPhone. When I upgraded my iPhone this was done automatically and I was hoping it would be the same with the iPad Pro. Ultimately I want the iPad to completely mirror my iPhone and synchronize with each other.

I have trued searching and all I can seem to find mirror to watch something on TV.

I hope somebody can help.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 6:35 AM

Your personal data and essential system settings should be duplicated. Apps that are available for both the donor and recipient device should be automatically restored to the recipient device.

However, as your iPhone and iPad are entirely different form-factors, it’s inevitable that you’ll find differences in App layout and grouping.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 6:35 AM in response to Kristyan

Your personal data and essential system settings should be duplicated. Apps that are available for both the donor and recipient device should be automatically restored to the recipient device.

However, as your iPhone and iPad are entirely different form-factors, it’s inevitable that you’ll find differences in App layout and grouping.

How to have the same set-up mirrored on my iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.