Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi someone trying to steal an Apple ID

Hi I just had a case pop up with a message saying someone had tried to change my password on my Apple ID, someone found out my password and tried to change my details I need to tell them it wasn’t me who tried to do this earlier today so I wanted them to find that IP address that started the case this morning and kill it I have just change the password myself.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:14 AM

UFSman Said:

"Hi I just had a case pop up with a message saying someone had tried to change my password on my Apple ID, someone found out my password and tried to change my details I need to tell them it wasn’t me who tried to do this earlier today so I wanted them to find that IP address that started the case this morning and kill it I have just change the password myself."

That is a Scam:

Apple would never accuse you of such activity. So, here is what you should do:

-------

Secure your Info - ASAP:

With Privacy & Security being of High-Concern here, consider performing the following for Apple and all other accounts, that have such options:

• Modify: your login credentials (opening a new eMail Account and usinge a never-before-used Password)
  • Associate: a different method of payment to your account
  • Enable: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
  • Take a Screenshot: of it, and send it to Apple. Include the sender's information. Froward it off to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com

Links:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 10:14 AM in response to UFSman

UFSman Said:

"Hi I just had a case pop up with a message saying someone had tried to change my password on my Apple ID, someone found out my password and tried to change my details I need to tell them it wasn’t me who tried to do this earlier today so I wanted them to find that IP address that started the case this morning and kill it I have just change the password myself."

That is a Scam:

Apple would never accuse you of such activity. So, here is what you should do:

-------

Secure your Info - ASAP:

With Privacy & Security being of High-Concern here, consider performing the following for Apple and all other accounts, that have such options:

• Modify: your login credentials (opening a new eMail Account and usinge a never-before-used Password)
  • Associate: a different method of payment to your account
  • Enable: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
  • Take a Screenshot: of it, and send it to Apple. Include the sender's information. Froward it off to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com

Links:

Hi someone trying to steal an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.