Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not syncing correctly on iPhone

I have a subscription to Apple Music.

I use it on my MacBook Pro, Apple TV and iPhone. However, I can not get it to sync correctly on my iPhone anymore.

I started noticing with a smart playlist that I had cleared out on my Mac, that things were not updating on my phone as this happened. I also noticed that if I listened to a song on my phone, it did not register on my Mac that it had been listened to.

So I started playing around with things and long story short. I totally removed my library on my Mac, I made a new library and re-imported songs and it is working as it should on my Mac. It is syncing just fine on my Apple TV (as it always has), but my phone is still not syncing.

So this morning I totally logged out of Apple Music on my phone. I logged in again and it still has not syncing. The way I know this is that I had made some playlists on my Mac, that are now gone from the from the library update. Yet after logging back in, they are still loading as a current playlist on my phone. Here are some other things to know about Apple Music on my phone:

I am able to access all other Apple Music content like the "for you" content.

I can be on cellular data away from home and access online music that is not in my library

I can access Radio and I can search.

It sounds like something is needing refreshed on my phone, but I have no clue as to what.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 12:40 PM

No need to respond. I found the solution I think.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Music not syncing correctly on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.