Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have I been hacked?

My iPhone had turned off notifications, with normal message “notifications have been turned off till 7:00 am” it was 2:30 pm. It did not clear with power off/on toggle. I reset my phone and then tried to setup groups for messages etc. On one text reply I sent to one of the groups I setup, the message he got was head lined by message “message sent from my email start @recliner.ca” First part of email address was correct but rest was not.....Recliner.ca is not my provider! I had sent the message from my recliner though...a bit eerie!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 4:30 PM

Hey AppleSupport111,

Thanks for following up. Let's check a couple of things out. To start, if your iMessages are only showing on your iPad, let's make sure that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone. You can do that in Settings > Messages. If you're unable to activate iMessage on your iPhone check out what to do here: If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

If iMessage is enabled on your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and ensure that your Apple ID and phone number are showing there. If you need to add your number, see how to do that here: Add or remove your phone number it Messages or FaceTime

Lastly, on your iPhone ensure that in Settings > Messages > Text Message forwarding your iPad is listed there an enabled.

Let us know how that goes, and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 4:30 PM in response to AppleSupport111

Hey AppleSupport111,

Thanks for following up. Let's check a couple of things out. To start, if your iMessages are only showing on your iPad, let's make sure that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone. You can do that in Settings > Messages. If you're unable to activate iMessage on your iPhone check out what to do here: If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

If iMessage is enabled on your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and ensure that your Apple ID and phone number are showing there. If you need to add your number, see how to do that here: Add or remove your phone number it Messages or FaceTime

Lastly, on your iPhone ensure that in Settings > Messages > Text Message forwarding your iPad is listed there an enabled.

Let us know how that goes, and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

May 1, 2020 2:42 PM in response to AppleSupport111

Hey AppleSupport111,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you have some concerns about your iPhone. I am happy to provide some information to help.

To start, sounds like Do Not Disturb may have been accidentally scheduled. You can see how to manage your Do Not Disturb settings here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're still experiencing an issue with Messages not sending correctly, check out Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure all the information there is correct.

Let us know if you're still experiencing any issues, and we'll go from there.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

May 7, 2020 4:53 PM in response to AppleSupport111

AppleSupport111 wrote:

My iMessages only show up on my iPad...they used to show up on both iPhone and iPad. Some texts I received from an Android phone that I used to be able to reply to on my iPad I can’t now. My texts from anyone and iMessages used to show on both iPhone and iPad don’t now. My iPad is only using my email address not my phone #. Why? I used to be able to answer my phone at home on my iPad but can’t now. I have internet access at home from both devices, what gives?

It sounds as if you don't have text message forwarding enabled. See these instructions:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

May 3, 2020 7:31 PM in response to BreeZee_17

My iMessages only show up on my iPad...they used to show up on both iPhone and iPad. Some texts I received from an Android phone that I used to be able to reply to on my iPad I can’t now. My texts from anyone and iMessages used to show on both iPhone and iPad don’t now. My iPad is only using my email address not my phone #. Why? I used to be able to answer my phone at home on my iPad but can’t now. I have internet access at home from both devices, what gives?

Have I been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.