Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete iCloud Backup

Purchased new iPhone SE and transferred all data from old iPhone 7. Now I can’t delete the iPhone 7 backup from iCloud. Error says “Can’t delete at this time. Try again later.” Suggestions?

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:37 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2020 4:35 PM in response to rjsquirrel53

Howdy rjsquirrel53,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out in Apple Support Communities. I understand an error message appears, when you attempt to delete an iCloud backup of a previously used iPhone.

Managing the backups in iCloud is important and I'd like to help.

From the screenshot you provided, I see that you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. I recommend to see if you can successfully delete the iCloud backup by using cellular data. In addition, you can try and use another good known Wi-Fi network to see if that helps resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

May 2, 2020 7:45 AM in response to rjsquirrel53

rjsquirrel53,

Thanks for getting back to us and for verifying that information.

If you continue to experience the same error message by using another Wi-Fi network, the next step is to contact Apple Support to investigate this issue further. I understand you previously contacted them, but I encourage for you to follow up with their support. You can contact them through this link here: Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

May 6, 2020 8:06 AM in response to chris_g1

I attempted to delete the iPhone 7 backup again this morning before I called Apple Support for advise. I was finally able to delete the backup. I had sent the iPhone 7 back for trade-in credit and the website shows it has been received and is being inspected. I suspect something done on that end was responsible for me being able to delete the backup.

Delete iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.