Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text alert

Seems rudimentary—but my incoming texts don’t make a sound alert—what must I do! iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 12:00 AM

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ... can fetch you answers to your bickering issues and offer you troubleshooting tips and solutions which may enable you to enjoy your iOS devices.

Notifications for Locked Screen? Or Always.

For a particular person or for all

Notifications are always for incoming email, text, calls, etc never for outgoing

This indeed is rudimentary --> Change message notifications on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 12:00 AM in response to Jnelson2020

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ... can fetch you answers to your bickering issues and offer you troubleshooting tips and solutions which may enable you to enjoy your iOS devices.

Notifications for Locked Screen? Or Always.

For a particular person or for all

Notifications are always for incoming email, text, calls, etc never for outgoing

This indeed is rudimentary --> Change message notifications on iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 24, 2020 2:21 PM in response to Sunny5683

I have an iPhone X. I was not having any problems getting text alerts (that is, I receive a text and have an audible alert that I have received a text). But now that does not always happen. Sometimes I get an audible alert, and sometimes I don't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. It may have corresponded to when I got my iPad2020. The alert notification sometimes is audible on the iPad, but not on the iPhone. I have tried to change the Settings on the iPad as well, with no luck. The other possible complicating factor is that I have two Apple watches. I usually have the sound turned off on the watches, but I have tried turning it on and still no luck, although sometimes I get an audible ding on my watch but not on my phone. I have missed some very important text messages because of this. I would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this. Thank you!

Text alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.