Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App purchase

I just got an email stating I made a purchase of $15.30 for an app, it wasn’t me what can I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:01 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2020 1:13 PM in response to EV0817

See the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see apple.com/bill, itunes.com/bill, or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

May 5, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Cheryln52

Check your purchase history on the same Apple ID that it indicates. If it reflects the same amount and same biller name, and if the charge was reflected on your billing statement, the charge is legitimate.

You can request a refund for it by following the instructions on this link: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple

App purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.