Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mistaken App charge

I just received an email saying that I purchased an app. I did not make this purchase. In the email, it gives me a place to hit cancel if I didn't make the purchase. However, the link will not open up. What do I do to not be charged?

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 11:46 AM

If the only indication of the charges is from an email, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, be aware that this is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. See each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 11:46 AM in response to BN320

If the only indication of the charges is from an email, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a real charge, be aware that this is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. See each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

Mistaken App charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.