📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Returning Dead Apple Pencil

Hi! My Apple Pencil died a few days ago; I bought it in February so I could ask for a replacement, and I did it. Now I should send back to Apple the broken Apple Pencil, but I have a little doubt. Do I have to send the Pencil with the tip or can I keep it for the new product? Tell me what you did if you've been in the same situation I am dealing with. Thank you all very much in advance

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 1, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 2:48 PM

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2020 2:48 PM in response to gianmarcozuccaroli

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

Returning Dead Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.