Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone SE2 won't connect to iTunes on MacBook Pro

I did the Quickstart to transfer info from my old iPhone SE to me new iPhone SE2 (iOS 13.4.1). Mostly worked, but didn't bring over all of my Music (no music from CDs, nor personally recorded MP3s). Tried to connect it to iTunes (12.8.3.2) on an older MacBook Pro (late 2010- High Sierra 10.13.6), and it first asks to "Trust", but doesn't connect after I click on Trust the new phone. MacBook Pro otherwise recognizes the new phone because it appears in System report info, and even connects via Photo, but not iTunes. My wife's older iPhone 7 (also iOS 13.4.1) connects to same iTunes, just fine.

How do I get iTunes to connect to my new iPhone SE2?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 1, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:43 AM

iTunes needs to recognize the new iPhone , you should install from Apple

iTunes access and Mobilesync

This is for your music sync

If it still doesn't work you can try Apple Configurator, free download from Apple store

It lets you backup and update apps, but no music sorry

Hope it works for you as well!

Similar questions

11 replies

May 2, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Chuck-C

Hello Chuck,

Congratulations on your new iPhone SE! If I understand correctly, you’re having some trouble syncing your new iPhone SE with your Mac, but you’re able to sync other devices running iOS 13 as expected. Is that correct? Reaching out about this was a good idea. I’ll be happy to help.

Have you tried restarting both devices to see if that helps?

Do you have any other accessories connected to the Mac? If so does the issue continue after you disconnect those accessories? 

Also, please take a look at all the steps listed in the articles below.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Regards. 

May 3, 2020 10:24 AM in response to rose_10

sarah_s1, Correct my wife's iPhone 7 (iOS 13.4.1) connects correctly via cable, but my new iPhone SE 2020 isn't recognized (asks to Trust, but never shows the icon, or does anything). I ran through several hours of troubleshooting with Apple reps (Chat, and later phone), but never got the iTunes to recognize, let alone synch with the MacBookPro. We've rebooted both the iPhone SE and MacBookPro. System report shows good connection, and even synch with Photos, but never connects to iTunes. Trying desperately to get my daughter's recital MP3s transferred over to my new iPhone SE 2020 like I had them on the old iPhone SE. Thanks for any help. Chuck-C

Jun 13, 2020 11:47 AM in response to Chuck-C

Identical problem. Transferred direct from old iPhone7 to new SE2. Most data crossed over. Tried to connect to 2010 MacBook Pro, hit "trust" and nothing. iTunes doesn't connect with SE2. Hooked up to my older 2009 iMac, where I keep backups for all family iPhones and iTunes doesn't connect. No phone icon, nothing. Can't backup new SE2. Am guessing my computers are now reaching obsolete status. Can no longer upgrade iOS on iMac or MacBooks.

My new iPhone SE2 won't connect to iTunes on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.