Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my security questions?

Hi! I created an Apple ID a while back just for the sake of it, but I got an iPhone today as a "hand-me-down" from a relative. Anyway, I was trying to set up 2FA, and it asked for my security questions. The problem is that I entered "gibberish" for the answers for the security questions, and now I don't know how to reset them. I tried going to https://iforgot.apple.com/, clicking I need to reset my security questions, and then entering my password. It then brought me to a screen asking for answers to my security questions, which I couldn't answer, so I tried entering stuff that did make sense(just in case I happened to set it up that way), but to no avail. I eventually got a try again later message, and now when I go back, I get a message that says "We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions." What can I do to reset them? Can I contact Apple support and get them to reset it? What are my options(besides making a new email and signing up for a new account with that).

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on May 1, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 7:37 PM

You need to contact Apple's Account Security team. To reach them, click here or here and pick a method; if you can't use any of those listed, pick one from this page.

(180635)

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I reset my security questions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.