Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when trying to reset security questions it says this message "Cannot Reset Security Questions We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions." any ideas??

user login asking for security questions which I never set for my apple id, when try to reset security questions it says this message "Cannot Reset Security Questions We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions." Called Apple support, chatted with them but they are unable to fix it.

I never set any security questions ever suddenly I started facing it, if there is 2FA setup recently then the system should atleast redirect users to set it up accordingly, so that system does not mislead, now currently i can't login and security support unable to support anymore.

Bitter experience from apple support, but anybody faced the situation and have got this fixed then pls share the solution.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:43 PM

Users are responsible for their Apple ID from their end only, it’s for privacy and Security. If it asks for security questions you likely set them up, per requirement, when originally creating your Apple ID.

Two factor authentication does not use security questions so the Apple ID has not been upgraded to it yet. Can you enable two factor authentication now? Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If not, Do not try to sign in or change your security questions for a full 24 hours. After 24 hours use a device and/or Wi-Fi you’ve used to sign into the Apple ID with before and try resetting your security questions one more time.

If these do not work there is nothing more you can do. You’ll need to start a new Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 9:43 PM in response to brij007

Users are responsible for their Apple ID from their end only, it’s for privacy and Security. If it asks for security questions you likely set them up, per requirement, when originally creating your Apple ID.

Two factor authentication does not use security questions so the Apple ID has not been upgraded to it yet. Can you enable two factor authentication now? Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If not, Do not try to sign in or change your security questions for a full 24 hours. After 24 hours use a device and/or Wi-Fi you’ve used to sign into the Apple ID with before and try resetting your security questions one more time.

If these do not work there is nothing more you can do. You’ll need to start a new Apple ID.

when trying to reset security questions it says this message "Cannot Reset Security Questions We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions." any ideas??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.