Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t hear in my calls, can’t voice record, videos I take have no sound and earphones doesn’t get connected.

When someone calls or I call someone, I can’t hear anything neither the other party. Also I can’t voice record, when I click the button it doesn’t work. Whenever I take videos there will be no sound recorded in it. Moreover my EarPods are not getting connected to my iPhone even though they are new and working EarPods. I have being facing these problems for two weeks now and I’m really frustrated. I have an iPhone 7+ with iOS 13.4.1. Also the speaker button is grayed out.

Posted on May 2, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:04 AM

Hello sheronshakya,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you can't hear or be heard on a phone call or when voice recording. Additionally, your AirPods are not connecting to your iPhone. These are two separate issues and as such, I have a couple of different articles to address the.

First, take a look at these two support articles to address issues with hearing or being heard on phone calls and voice recording:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

This support article will provide troubleshooting for your AirPods not connecting to your iPhone:

If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 8:04 AM in response to sheronshakya

Hello sheronshakya,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you can't hear or be heard on a phone call or when voice recording. Additionally, your AirPods are not connecting to your iPhone. These are two separate issues and as such, I have a couple of different articles to address the.

First, take a look at these two support articles to address issues with hearing or being heard on phone calls and voice recording:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

This support article will provide troubleshooting for your AirPods not connecting to your iPhone:

If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

Best regards.

May 3, 2020 8:28 AM in response to brenden dv

Yeah I read all the articles you sent and I tried them.

1. I cleared the microphone and I went to the voice memo app and recorded but when I listened to it. I heard weird noises and couldn’t hear any voice.
  2. I tried video recording through the camera and when I watched it, no voice was recorded but can hear weird sounds like a broken microphone
  3. I went to settings and in all my apps microphone is enabled.
  4. my iPhone is not in do not disturb mode or silent mode
  5. I cleaned the receiver and the speaker
  6. I tried calling and there was no sound

Overall it’s was helpful but thank you for the advice. I think I need I need service.

I can’t hear in my calls, can’t voice record, videos I take have no sound and earphones doesn’t get connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.