Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore backup from SE to 6 Plus

Hi.

My little brother damaged his iPhone SE (iOS 13....) and we bought him a used iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 12.4....).

Now I can’t restore the backup and synchronize it with the 6 Plus, because the iOS version is older than the one from the backup.

How do I deal with this problem?

I can only find help for ‘old iPhone to new iPhone’....

Thanks in advance!

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on May 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 6:51 AM

That's a problem and, to be frank, I don't have an appropriate answer, since iPhone 6 or 6+ do not support iOS 13 or later. Unfortunantely there's no way to restore data from a backup created using a more recent version than the one installed on the destination device.

The only stuff you can retrieve is the one that your brother (eventually) synced to iCloud (contacts, photos, reminders, notes, and so on...), that should be available as soon as you enter his Apple ID on the new iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 6:51 AM in response to philipp73

That's a problem and, to be frank, I don't have an appropriate answer, since iPhone 6 or 6+ do not support iOS 13 or later. Unfortunantely there's no way to restore data from a backup created using a more recent version than the one installed on the destination device.

The only stuff you can retrieve is the one that your brother (eventually) synced to iCloud (contacts, photos, reminders, notes, and so on...), that should be available as soon as you enter his Apple ID on the new iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

Restore backup from SE to 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.