Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 10.15.4 Maps is blank on my Mac. Why?

Maps used to work on my Mac desktop. Now I get a blank background (tan/off-white) whether I choose Map, Transit, or Satellite. I have OS Catalina, 10.15.4. Why can't I get a map?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:50 AM

I am just under the impression that junk can build up and slow down your computer and needs to be cleared on a regular basis.

Only on a Windows PC.

What's a Mac owner to do?

Nothing. The OS takes care of itself.

6 replies

May 3, 2020 6:05 AM in response to Barney-15E

First-thing this morning, after a restart, the map magically displayed. Satellite, too. Now, a couple hours later, it's blank again. The only thing I can think is that I used CCleaner for Mac to clear unnecessary junk. I did not have "Maps" checked as an app to clean, though.

To answer your question, no, a dot indicates my location, and a search drops a pin and locates a place. Grid with appropriate scale shows up. Just no background. I'll try restarting again, but I have doubts....

May 3, 2020 6:16 AM in response to dialabrain

Really! Well that is interesting information. I had a computer technician who operates a repair business in town recommend CCleaner to me. But I can understand your point. I am just under the impression that junk can build up and slow down your computer and needs to be cleared on a regular basis. What's a Mac owner to do?

OS 10.15.4 Maps is blank on my Mac. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.