Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no map image is displayed

when I run Apple Map APP on my MAC Mini, no map image is displayed. Help?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 7:52 AM

Hey there Wildwood Mark,

We understand there is no maps image in the Maps app on your Mac. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, double-check that the steps from the section "If you can't find your current location on your Mac" have been completed, here: If Maps isn't working on your Apple device

If the issue persists, test in a safe mode and a new user. This will help us isolate the issue. Reference the two links below.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Finally, try using a different internet connection to see if the same thing happens.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 7:52 AM in response to Wildwood Mark

Hey there Wildwood Mark,

We understand there is no maps image in the Maps app on your Mac. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, double-check that the steps from the section "If you can't find your current location on your Mac" have been completed, here: If Maps isn't working on your Apple device

If the issue persists, test in a safe mode and a new user. This will help us isolate the issue. Reference the two links below.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Finally, try using a different internet connection to see if the same thing happens.

Cheers!

Apr 8, 2021 8:10 AM in response to JohnW_123

Your recommendation is not a fix as just rebooting MacOS will resolve. The reporting Maps issues function does not work in Maps either, well at least for me. This issue about only displaying a grid has existed for years and now exists on Big Sur. On prior versions of MacOS there was a method of deleting the cache associated with Maps that resolved without requiring a reboot. With Big Sur that fix will no longer work.

no map image is displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.