Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro data

I'm thinking about buying an ipad pro, with all the fixtures. However data has always confused me. I understand how the basics of mobile data works, but I am wondering if it is the same for an ipad. I am paying a lot for the pad and the accessories, so its important I know what I would be possibly paying monthly for use of data and how I should go about this.

If I have an ipad pro with cellar data and wifi and 128 GB.

Is the 128 GB just a capacity?

Is this data I can actually use after buying the product?

Would I have to go elsewhere to a device shop and buy a sim card, further paying monthly for data?

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:16 AM

128gb would be the storage on the Ipad. this can't be changed after you purchase it. Nothing to do with the data.

You would then pay a monthly amount for data, which can range from a 1GB to Unlimited, depending on network and cost per month.

But if you're all ways around wifi or have a iPhone which has a lot of date on your account you can use a hotspot so your Ipad has mobile data.

I think most people go for wifi only, as wifi is so readily available when out and about, shopping centres, restaurants, public transport.

So the extra cost +monthly data subscription isn't worth it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Em_Rose18

128gb would be the storage on the Ipad. this can't be changed after you purchase it. Nothing to do with the data.

You would then pay a monthly amount for data, which can range from a 1GB to Unlimited, depending on network and cost per month.

But if you're all ways around wifi or have a iPhone which has a lot of date on your account you can use a hotspot so your Ipad has mobile data.

I think most people go for wifi only, as wifi is so readily available when out and about, shopping centres, restaurants, public transport.

So the extra cost +monthly data subscription isn't worth it.

ipad pro data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.