Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview not working

Every time i try opening a pdf, preview reopens an old document and thereafter freezes. Sometimes opens two plain blank windows behind it. Have to force quite every time. Tried restarting and shutting off. Please help

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 12:48 PM

yasmin_94 Said:

Preview not working: Every time i try opening a pdf, preview reopens an old document and thereafter freezes. Sometimes opens two plain blank windows behind it. Have to force quite every time. Tried restarting and shutting off. Please help

———-

Close Something in Safe Mode:

Boot into Safe Mode (Hold down shift key upon boot). Se if this still occurs.

Perhaps something is opened in the background that is accessing that PDF Document.

In Safe Mode items only open and run as they should by default settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 12:48 PM in response to yasmin_94

yasmin_94 Said:

Preview not working: Every time i try opening a pdf, preview reopens an old document and thereafter freezes. Sometimes opens two plain blank windows behind it. Have to force quite every time. Tried restarting and shutting off. Please help

———-

Close Something in Safe Mode:

Boot into Safe Mode (Hold down shift key upon boot). Se if this still occurs.

Perhaps something is opened in the background that is accessing that PDF Document.

In Safe Mode items only open and run as they should by default settings.

Preview not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.