Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Compatible

i’m interested in purchasing an Apple Watch but I currently don’t have a major carrier I do have cricket wireless service I am wanting to know if I purchase a Apple Watch can I still use it and if I can add Cingular to my Apple Watch from my cricket service?

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:23 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2020 11:35 AM in response to sayra273

To use cellular you have to buy the cellular version of the watch,here is the differences between cellular and non cellular watches;

GPS only

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular) has all the same features, as well as built-in cellular. It gives you the freedom to send and receive text messages, answer phone calls, receive notifications, and stream Apple Music and Apple Podcasts — even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.

Not all carriers support the apple watch.These are the US carriers that support the cellular watch;

AT&T

Appalachian4

C Spire4

Sprint Wireless4

T-Mobile USA

US Cellular4

Verizon Wireless4

Xfinity4

Apple Watch Compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.