Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get Apple Watch with visibile as my carrier?

I have visible but will I still be able to get an apple watch? or is that only for the apple watch with cellular?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 10:48 AM

In that context, it becomes more understandable.

I cannot see Visible as a carrier that supports the Apple Watch (see attached list):

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

You would either have to switch your iPhone to a different carrier, or use a GPS only Apple Watch, or a Cellular model and not activate the cellular radio (more expensive, but some case and watch bands are only available in Cellular models).

In GPS only mode, the Apple Watch uses WiFi when available, or the iPhone's cellular data to access the internet, make and receive phone calls, send/receive messages, get the weather, stream music, etc...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 10:48 AM in response to abril64

In that context, it becomes more understandable.

I cannot see Visible as a carrier that supports the Apple Watch (see attached list):

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

You would either have to switch your iPhone to a different carrier, or use a GPS only Apple Watch, or a Cellular model and not activate the cellular radio (more expensive, but some case and watch bands are only available in Cellular models).

In GPS only mode, the Apple Watch uses WiFi when available, or the iPhone's cellular data to access the internet, make and receive phone calls, send/receive messages, get the weather, stream music, etc...

Nov 26, 2020 12:34 PM in response to abril64

Some Apple Watch models only come with a cellular radio.

The Aluminum case and more basic watch bands are what is available in the GPS only Apple Watch models. The Apple.com website will tell you which models are available with and without a cellular radio.

If you really want a specific case or one of the special watch bands, that are only available with a cellular Apple Watch, you are not required to sign up for cellular service, and can use the Apple Watch as if it was a GPS only model if you so desire.

I'm tried to guess around what you may be asking, because like fieryjack, I am not sure what you mean by "visible" either.

Can I get Apple Watch with visibile as my carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.