Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Permanently delete unneeded portions of clips

Before I begin my edits, I want to permanently delete unneeded portions of my the clips. I start each scene using a ColorChecker. As a one man operation, I have to begin my camera early, I have a few retakes, and I have additional footage before I turn my camera off. All of it is in 4K and 30 FPS with a EOS R using Canon Log or iPhone 12 ProMax using Filmic Pro.

FCPX 10.4.8

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Thank you.

Carlos

Posted on May 2, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:26 AM

Tom, thank you for your help. I could not figure out how to work VirtualCamCard. So I Imported the ProRes 4-2-2 clip into FCPX. I did my edits on each individual clip and outputed to Compressor. I had Compressor output the clip as a ProRes 4-2-2 clip. I did use Quicktime when all I had to do was Trim the beginning or end of the clip and use the Save command. If I used the Export command the file would compressed/processed and change the format. All this did help me with organizing my media and I learn a lot in the process.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 5:26 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, thank you for your help. I could not figure out how to work VirtualCamCard. So I Imported the ProRes 4-2-2 clip into FCPX. I did my edits on each individual clip and outputed to Compressor. I had Compressor output the clip as a ProRes 4-2-2 clip. I did use Quicktime when all I had to do was Trim the beginning or end of the clip and use the Save command. If I used the Export command the file would compressed/processed and change the format. All this did help me with organizing my media and I learn a lot in the process.

How to Permanently delete unneeded portions of clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.