Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Recording won't record audio in audio/video calls

I can't get Screen Recording to record audio on WhatsApp audio or video calls or any other audio/video calls on my iPhone (8 Plus, iOS 13.4.1). As soon as the calls starts it cuts off recording of audio, or if I'm already on the call and I start Screen Recording there is no audio recorded. I've tried turning the microphone on and off, restarting my phone, making sure software updated, returning my iPhone settings to original settings, using headphones, but no luck. I also tried a third-party app, TechSmith Capture, but had the same problem -- as soon as the call starts, whether audio or video, no audio is recorded on either end. I'm in Peru, not sure if that might be a factor.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 2, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 12:34 PM

Hello, jatartim.

I understand that you are unable to use capture video conferencing using the Screen Recording feature of your iPhone. I’m glad to lend some insight.

What you are describing is expected behavior. The Screen Recording feature isn’t designed to capture audio during video conferencing sessions.

From the article, How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can't record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Be Well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 12:34 PM in response to jatartim

Hello, jatartim.

I understand that you are unable to use capture video conferencing using the Screen Recording feature of your iPhone. I’m glad to lend some insight.

What you are describing is expected behavior. The Screen Recording feature isn’t designed to capture audio during video conferencing sessions.

From the article, How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can't record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Be Well.

Screen Recording won't record audio in audio/video calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.