Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac won’t boot and stuck on full progress bar

My iMac was running smoothly until today, where I’ve noticed that it kept freezing and most of my apps became unresponsive.

Ive rebooted, and everything was running smoothly for like a good 10 minutes, then it suddenly became slow and increasingly unresponsive.

i then tried to reboot to safe mode, but right after the progress bar was complete, the screen became black and was stuck like this for quite a while.

i then tried to reboot normally, and now it gets stuck at a full loading bar and won’t load.

specs:

27” iMac late 2013 model, 8gb memory, 1tb storage, Mac OS High Sierra

I had to get this Mac repaired twice before, don’t wanna have to go through that over again.

Anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Paloma

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:59 AM

Ok so quick update, I’ve gone to recovery mode, gone through first aid, then restarted on verbose mode, and now I’ve managed to login back to my computer, which was quite a relief.

However, it is still running pretty slow, and I’m running through first aid again, and says this following error:

”error: (iOS 0x4ff73) apfs_root: btn: dev_read_finish(2645383, 1): input/output error

fsroot tree is invalid.

the volume /dev/disk0s2 could not be verified completely.”

Storage system check exit code is 0.”

Any suggestions?

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 9:59 AM in response to BDAqua

Ok so quick update, I’ve gone to recovery mode, gone through first aid, then restarted on verbose mode, and now I’ve managed to login back to my computer, which was quite a relief.

However, it is still running pretty slow, and I’m running through first aid again, and says this following error:

”error: (iOS 0x4ff73) apfs_root: btn: dev_read_finish(2645383, 1): input/output error

fsroot tree is invalid.

the volume /dev/disk0s2 could not be verified completely.”

Storage system check exit code is 0.”

Any suggestions?

iMac won’t boot and stuck on full progress bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.