Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Note Folders

How do I recover a deleted folder from the Notes App?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 2, 2020 6:31 PM

9 replies

May 2, 2020 7:07 PM in response to Fxrman

What happened when you lost or deleted this folder? Did you look in the other folders to see if it was there? What were you doing at the time? If there is no Recently deleted folder, then you won't be able to recover them? If this was a folder on the iPhone, you could restore the phone to a backup made before the folder disappeared. If you have no backup, there is no restore.

May 2, 2020 7:13 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris, I must really sound like a Complete Idiot! I was editing a Note and it simply disappeared and sent me back to the home screen. This Note contained a LOT of usernames and passwords which I don't have ANYWHERE else. I'm researching the restore steps because I have kept the phone backed up to ICloud, however, Siri hasn't been much help.

May 2, 2020 7:18 PM in response to Fxrman

If you were in the iCloud notes folder, then go on the computer and log into www.icloud.com and access Notes. See if the note is there, and see if there is a Recently deleted folder there. If not, or if you were using On my iPhone folder, then it could be in your backup. The only way to know is to restore a backup. There is no other way to look. If it was in the backup, then it should restore.

Deleted Note Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.