Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only can visit certain websites

Why my MacBook Pro won't connect to "MYFSCJ" website? I'm able to visit other websites but can not connect to the school website. It's nothing wrong with the website because I am able to visit it from my iPhone.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 6:59 AM

Don't know, you have not told us what browser, what url, what OS, what error messages.

Maybe the school website is doing some mac filtering.

Maybe you are running some third party app that claims to protect etc.

Maybe you installed a browser extension that is preventing the site from being accessed.

Maybe you have installed proxy or vpn.

Maybe the browser you are using is incompatible.

A couple of things you could try:

1. Try shutting down Safari if Safari is the browser you are using. Then launch Safari while pressing and holding the shift key. This will start Safari in a clean state.
  2. Try booting in safe mode as a trouble shooting step.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 6:59 AM in response to tasia81

Don't know, you have not told us what browser, what url, what OS, what error messages.

Maybe the school website is doing some mac filtering.

Maybe you are running some third party app that claims to protect etc.

Maybe you installed a browser extension that is preventing the site from being accessed.

Maybe you have installed proxy or vpn.

Maybe the browser you are using is incompatible.

A couple of things you could try:

1. Try shutting down Safari if Safari is the browser you are using. Then launch Safari while pressing and holding the shift key. This will start Safari in a clean state.
  2. Try booting in safe mode as a trouble shooting step.

Only can visit certain websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.