Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not Enough Space

I am trying to update my Xcode app to the latest version the update size is 8GB and i have 15 GB free on my mac but it is showing not enough space disk space available to install the product.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2020 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:44 AM

Hi,

Yes that is correct. You have to keep in mind that you downloading an image of installation (which will take the disk space) than this have to be mounted and updated (so copied on Your drive). This usually takes a little more than 2 times the image size. Of course after update You’ll recover lot of apace by deleting image.

hope that helps

Simon

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 1:44 AM in response to HarigovindV

Hi,

Yes that is correct. You have to keep in mind that you downloading an image of installation (which will take the disk space) than this have to be mounted and updated (so copied on Your drive). This usually takes a little more than 2 times the image size. Of course after update You’ll recover lot of apace by deleting image.

hope that helps

Simon

Not Enough Space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.