Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod is not reconnecting, what should I do?

My internet is working, the homepod was working nicely on it and than when I turn the internet off and on again the homepod doesn't reconnect. the password still the same, the home app doesn't give me the option to reconnect, in other words, is useless and I can't reset the HomePod everytime the internet goes off...What sould I do to reconnect?

HomePod, 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 4:54 AM

Perhaps you have a rogue DHCP server on your network. Some Windows machines can start giving out addresses in the 169.254.x.x range in certain circumstances, e.g. if they try to get an address when a router isn't ready to give one. Try powering down all of your network enabled equipment, a sleeping device might have an active network card so full power down is suggested. Then power up your router first. Wait a few minutes for it to completely restart and connect to the Internet, then turn on your other equipment.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 4:54 AM in response to augustofalves

Perhaps you have a rogue DHCP server on your network. Some Windows machines can start giving out addresses in the 169.254.x.x range in certain circumstances, e.g. if they try to get an address when a router isn't ready to give one. Try powering down all of your network enabled equipment, a sleeping device might have an active network card so full power down is suggested. Then power up your router first. Wait a few minutes for it to completely restart and connect to the Internet, then turn on your other equipment.

tt2

My HomePod is not reconnecting, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.