Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos can't find my library

How do I get Photos to find my photo library?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.15

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 10:24 AM

If you moved it and know where it is, double-click on the Library file to open it in Photos. The new location will then be remembered. You can also perform a Spotlight search for the Library file.

Otherwise, launch Photos while holding down the Option key. This should then show all Photos libraries that Photos/Spotlight know about. Choose the one you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 10:24 AM in response to Switchman

If you moved it and know where it is, double-click on the Library file to open it in Photos. The new location will then be remembered. You can also perform a Spotlight search for the Library file.

Otherwise, launch Photos while holding down the Option key. This should then show all Photos libraries that Photos/Spotlight know about. Choose the one you want.

Photos can't find my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.