Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot data is being used by “other devices”. Data being used by uninstalled apps.

My mobile data plan is all used up without me using anything any of it. When I check the data usage, there is a lot used by personal hotspot and in that by “other devices”. My hotspot is password protected and haven’t connected it to any other devices at my home other than my iPad and laptop. Both of them are showing usage appropriately, but I dont know what these “other devices” are? I dont know why data is being used up by uninstalled apps. Is this any bug or someone else is secretly using my data?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 12:08 PM

OK this is data for "current period" IE since you last reset statistics (scroll to bottom). The data shown for uninstalled apps is what they used in the "current period" before you deleted them.

Did you connect to your laptop by USB cable as well as wifi? That could be the Other Devices.

Reset the statistics and monitor the future usage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 12:08 PM in response to pharsha95

OK this is data for "current period" IE since you last reset statistics (scroll to bottom). The data shown for uninstalled apps is what they used in the "current period" before you deleted them.

Did you connect to your laptop by USB cable as well as wifi? That could be the Other Devices.

Reset the statistics and monitor the future usage.

May 3, 2020 12:19 PM in response to LD150

I get it now. Thank you. I used to connect my iPhone to laptop via usb cable since the wifi hotspot was not stable.

I actually got worried because in my cellular carriers app, it was showing all my mobile data got used up. But I think it was some error because when I checked again in the evening, my data was back there.

I was not aware of what current period meant all these years. I will reset this every time I get a new plan to monitor my usage.

Thank you

Personal hotspot data is being used by “other devices”. Data being used by uninstalled apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.