Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot off but data being used.

I've reviewed many threads on various communities but still haven't found an understanding / good response for this issue.

After resetting my data usage I've been carefully monitoring and even though my Personal hotspot is "OFF" (also changed the password) the personal hotspot still shows 1.20 GB of "Other devices" using data only after 3 days? How can it continue to use data when everything is disabled and password changed?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2023 6:40 PM

I used 24.3G and hotspot is always off

7 replies

Feb 20, 2024 9:09 AM in response to TarJam4517

Today I reset my data usage in the morning and now in the afternoon I have 1,31 GB due to same reason. Even my Hotspot is off.

It is the second time this year when Apple ****** me off with the data usage. First was with apps refresh in background which consumed all my monthly data package without any change in my settings or informing me. And now this….!

Personal Hotspot off but data being used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.