Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4K not recognized by tv

Hi,

I have been using my Apple TV 4K and since we moved (and disconnected it from the tv) it is not recognized by the tv. I turn it on, the white light is steady, it is connected to the tv with an hdmi cable but when I switch to its hdmi input on the tv, nothing happens. Tried turning everything off and on, disconnecting everything but still nothing. Somebody please help. Thanks!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 10:08 AM

If the status light is on continuously, then then Apple TV started up and working fine, as far as its self-diagnosis is able to determine.

• If your TV has multiple HDMI ports, then try a different HDMI port.
  • Try a different set-top box on that HDMI port on the TV to verify the TV HDMI port is working.
  • Try the Apple TV box on a different TV to verify the Apple TV HDMI port is working.
  • Try a different HDMI cable to verify the cable itself.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 10:08 AM in response to gergo146

If the status light is on continuously, then then Apple TV started up and working fine, as far as its self-diagnosis is able to determine.

• If your TV has multiple HDMI ports, then try a different HDMI port.
  • Try a different set-top box on that HDMI port on the TV to verify the TV HDMI port is working.
  • Try the Apple TV box on a different TV to verify the Apple TV HDMI port is working.
  • Try a different HDMI cable to verify the cable itself.

Apple tv 4K not recognized by tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.