Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do some songs say my computer needs to be authorized to play them?

Why do some songs say my computer needs to be authorize to play them. It makes now sense my computer is authorize. I've been using itunes for years and this has never happend. I recently bought a few songs and it wont play on my labtop but they play on my itouch. Even songs i bout a few months back do same thing. Why is this happening

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 3, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 2:43 PM

If this is happening with seemingly-random songs, they're corrupt; delete and redownload them.

If this is happening with all the songs bought from a different Apple ID, the computer needs to be authorized with each.

If this is happening with all the songs bought from your normal Apple ID, click here for information.

(180672)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 2:43 PM in response to Angie_butterfly86

If this is happening with seemingly-random songs, they're corrupt; delete and redownload them.

If this is happening with all the songs bought from a different Apple ID, the computer needs to be authorized with each.

If this is happening with all the songs bought from your normal Apple ID, click here for information.

(180672)

May 3, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Angie_butterfly86

Angie_butterfly86 Said:

Authorize: Why do some songs say my computer needs to be authorize to play them. It makes now sense my computer is authorize. I've been using itunes for years and this has never happend. I recently bought a few songs and it wont play on my labtop but they play on my itouch. Even songs i bout a few months back do same thing. Why is this happening

———-

Deauthorize, then Authorize, the Mac:

1. Deauthorize: the Mac
  2. Log Out: of iTunes
  3. Restart: the Mac
  4. Log Back In: to iTunes

Licensing of iTunes Items:

Note: Items are licensed between Apple and the Studio. So, if they are gone they are gone. You would need to re-purchase these, should they now be back in the studio. That’s just the way it is :(I

Why do some songs say my computer needs to be authorized to play them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.