Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup

I recently turned on family sharing for my parents as Dad’s iPhone had no space to back up. They joined and it all shows correctly. His phone shows his storage out of 2TB with plenty of space, and his next back up is projected to be 5GB in size.

Despite this his option to back up on his iPhone to iCloud is greyed out and the message below states there is not enough space to perform the back up. I’ve talked him through resetting back up, turning the phone off, resetting the phone, all of which have not worked. What baffles me is in storage his phone shows 2TB so it knows it has the space. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2020 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 2:32 PM

Try having him

1. Sign out of iCloud
  2. Force restart the phone
  3. Sign back into iCloud
1 reply

iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.