Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook PRO has vertical lines in display

I have a problem. My display has weird coloration and vertical lines mostly on the right side of the screen. When I attach to an external monitor, they do not show... I'm told this indicates a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue. The other thing... when I tilt the screen so that there is less than 90 degree angle between screen and keyboard, everything looks fine. I'm attaching two pictures. I hope somebody can help. The first shows the weird colors and stripes/bars on the right. The second shows how it looks when I tilt the screen forward.

MacBook

Posted on May 3, 2020 7:50 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Deryn.2017

Hello Deryn.2017 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with the display of a MacBook Pro.

Unfortunately, whoever told you this is a software issue was mistaken. The facts that the lines to not appear when the MacBook Pro is open to less than 90 degrees and that the lines do not appear when connected to an external monitor both point to this being a hardware issue.

If this is a 13-inch MacBook Pro, this may be helpful.

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Cheers.

MacBook PRO has vertical lines in display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.