Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro minimum graphics card requirement on Mac

Hi guys, I bought my Macbook Pro 3 years ago, brand new but have been informed that my graphic card spec (Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB) doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Final Cut Pro (apparently: - OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later) according to the PC Mag review: - https://uk.pcmag.com/features/94269/adobe-premiere-pro-vs-apple-final-cut-pro-x-whats-the-difference. I'm astounded that my system is so out of date to be able to run, Final Cut Pro - can anyone advise me if this is the case and/or if there's any way I could get around this...? Any help would be gratefully received :)

Posted on May 4, 2020 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 6:09 AM

You were misinformed. Your mac is supported for Final Cut Pro.

To dispel any doubts, please go to the Apple menu, choose About this Mac, and post a screenshot (but do not post the serial number; that is considered private information).

Similar questions

4 replies

May 4, 2020 8:53 AM in response to home fax

FCP X works perfectly on my 2012 Mac mini and pretty much any Mac built in the last 8 years.

As Tom says, download the free 90 day trial version to confirm it.

https://www.apple.com/uk/final-cut-pro/trial/

Minimum System Requirements

• macOS 10.14.6 or later
  • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles and 360° video editing)
  • OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
  • 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles and 360° video editing)1
  • Discrete graphics card, macOS High Sierra or later, and SteamVR required for VR headset support. AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card recommended for best performance.
  • 3.8GB of disk space

Final Cut Pro minimum graphics card requirement on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.