Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to organize Notes in "Highlights & Notes" tab in Preview

Question:

How does one reorganize Notes in the "Highlights & Notes" tab in Preview such that they occur based on page number, not the positioning on the page?

Comment:

Who was the “genius” that decided to rank Notes in Preview’s “Highlights & Notes” tab based on their positioning on a page? I have textbooks with hundreds of notes which used to identify chapters and sections. Now all of them are randomized with the new OS Catalina update. Thank you for ruining my pdf textbooks. Also, the features in Preview is seriously lacking. For those using this application on a regualt basis to read books and academic papers, you should really create an option for making a table of contents. That would help fix all the damage done with the Notes update. I hope the apple team hasn’t given up on this application.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 4, 2020 12:14 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2020 7:38 AM in response to chasegeiger

chasegeiger wrote:

Question:
How does one reorganize Notes in the "Highlights & Notes" tab in Preview such that they occur based on page number, not the positioning on the page?

Comment:
Who was the “genius” that decided to rank Notes in Preview’s “Highlights & Notes” tab based on their positioning on a page? I have textbooks with hundreds of notes which used to identify chapters and sections. Now all of them are randomized with the new OS Catalina update. Thank you for ruining my pdf textbooks. Also, the features in Preview is seriously lacking. For those using this application on a regualt basis to read books and academic papers, you should really create an option for making a table of contents. That would help fix all the damage done with the Notes update. I hope the apple team hasn’t given up on this application.

Add notes and speech bubbles to a PDF in Preview on Mac ...

Annotate a PDF in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

As an Alterntive you can try a true PDF editor, for example to name a few:

Adobe Acrobat Reader

PDFpen

pdfExpert

You can send submit Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

How to organize Notes in "Highlights & Notes" tab in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.