Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume wont go up from keyboard

i BADLY need help and it would be great if someone helped me, i have been trying to fix it, my volume wont go up or down from my keyboard, once again thank you if you help

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 4, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 9:37 AM

Hello _random_user_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're unable to adjust the volume using the function keys on your MacBook Air keyboard. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you've haven't already, make sure that your Mac has the latest software and review the following resources for help with the keyboard:

How to use the function keys on your Mac

If your Apple keyboard doesn't work

If the issue persists, reset the NVRAM or PRAM settings on your Mac using the resource below:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 9:37 AM in response to _random_user_

Hello _random_user_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're unable to adjust the volume using the function keys on your MacBook Air keyboard. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you've haven't already, make sure that your Mac has the latest software and review the following resources for help with the keyboard:

How to use the function keys on your Mac

If your Apple keyboard doesn't work

If the issue persists, reset the NVRAM or PRAM settings on your Mac using the resource below:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

volume wont go up from keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.