Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No ringer sound, no keyboard clicks

On my iPhone X running iOS 13.4.1, I'm getting no sound when a call comes in (although the phone does vibrate) and no keyboard clicks. If some setting is responsible for this, I can't find it. My ringtone is set correctly; Keyboard Clicks is on; Do Not Disturb is off.

Strangely, if I make any adjustments on the Sounds & Haptics page of Settings, like adjusting the ringer and alert volume or turning Vibrate on Ring on or off, my ringtone starts to play.

BTW, I just updated my iOS to 13.4.1, but the problem existed previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:12 PM

Check the Mute switch on the side of the device. If the switch is towards the screen, Mute is off. If the switch is towards the back of the phone and you see an orange stripe, it is on Mute and you will not hear any sound.

3 replies

No ringer sound, no keyboard clicks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.