Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase in phishing emails

Hey Apple Community,

Has anyone noticed a concerning increase of phishing emails? I've received four in just a few days! Fortunately, I have been savvy enough to detect them but what have you encountered and how are you combating this issue?

Thanks much for your prompt response.

--DocBee612

Posted on May 4, 2020 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 6:56 PM

Ignore/report/delete...If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

One of my email providers also supports a blacklist which significantly reduces Spam.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 6:56 PM in response to DocBee612

Ignore/report/delete...If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

One of my email providers also supports a blacklist which significantly reduces Spam.

May 5, 2020 8:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks much, Eric! It's really unfortunate because they seem to come from random addresses almost as if they're computer generated. What's really concerning to me is that people who are not as observant or savvy as myself can really get jammed up. For example I have a lot of relatives who are elderly and may not be able to discern the real from the fake. Any advice to help them?

Thanks again for your help.

--DocBee612

May 5, 2020 8:11 PM in response to Ferd II

Thanks much, Ferd II,

Unfortunately, it really sucks that people will try anything to get your information. What really concerns me is that I have a lot of relatives who are elderly and may not be able to discern the real from the fake, and get themselves into a lot of problems. If you have any advice I can pass along to them I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

--DocBee612

Increase in phishing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.