Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has there been such an increase of phishing going to my inbox that was directed to spam

Why has so many phishing emails been directed to my inbox rather then spam as they used to be

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:47 AM

You can't stop receiving them to your main email accounts, you can only block them, classify them as junk or spot and delete.

On the phone itself you can only move them to junk folder so that the wider and local system can build filter memory and divert to junk folder.

That's all there is for the "using iphone" forum.

Whatever your mail provider is you can create "rules" in your email account on a computer or most ipads. Each provider offers their own options, do a web search quoting your provider.

I gave two senders masquerading as teo firmer sports club members and I have a rule to send them to the trash. Not on the phone but in my Outlook.com account,

As for spotting them

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I would not advise security apps that advertise phishing protection as they bring mote problems with them but there are some that somebody may recommend

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 11:47 AM in response to shwali1

You can't stop receiving them to your main email accounts, you can only block them, classify them as junk or spot and delete.

On the phone itself you can only move them to junk folder so that the wider and local system can build filter memory and divert to junk folder.

That's all there is for the "using iphone" forum.

Whatever your mail provider is you can create "rules" in your email account on a computer or most ipads. Each provider offers their own options, do a web search quoting your provider.

I gave two senders masquerading as teo firmer sports club members and I have a rule to send them to the trash. Not on the phone but in my Outlook.com account,

As for spotting them

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I would not advise security apps that advertise phishing protection as they bring mote problems with them but there are some that somebody may recommend

Why has there been such an increase of phishing going to my inbox that was directed to spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.