Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email won't send

I had to change my password on my email account. I can receive mail, just not send mail now. And when I try to change the password to the new one, it says it isn't valid. But it is.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 4, 2020 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 9:26 PM

elbsmily Said:

"Email won't send: I had to change my password on my email account. I can receive mail, just not send mail now. And when I try to change the password to the new one, it says it isn't valid. But it is."

-------

App Password is the Culprit:

Contact Your eMail Provider --- you may need to remove the account, and then add it back. Or you may just need to update the password. Whomever you use for eMail, contact them about App Passwords. Using an App Password is the only way for me to use the Mail app on both the iPhone and my MacBook.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2020 9:26 PM in response to elbsmily

elbsmily Said:

"Email won't send: I had to change my password on my email account. I can receive mail, just not send mail now. And when I try to change the password to the new one, it says it isn't valid. But it is."

-------

App Password is the Culprit:

Contact Your eMail Provider --- you may need to remove the account, and then add it back. Or you may just need to update the password. Whomever you use for eMail, contact them about App Passwords. Using an App Password is the only way for me to use the Mail app on both the iPhone and my MacBook.

Email won't send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.