Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I 3-finger swipe, lines appear across the screen

Hi all,

My MBP has some weird bugs or issues to it. The main one is when I 3-finger swipe between apps, lines appear across the screen. It is not like when on an iPhone, for example, is cracked and the screen has permanent lines staying in one spot. It is like several different lines pacing across the screen in a 1-2s time frame. It goes from the left corner (depends, left top or bottom) up to the very top right corner. I've done some research, and some say that it could be a poor connection between the display and the internals. I have attached a video of the issue. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 5, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 4:45 PM

That looks like either a low-level macOS problem, or a hardware problem.

I’d try an SMC and NVRAM reset, and reboot into Safe Mode and test again there, though would not presume that’ll work.

Any add-on cleaners, add-on anti-malware, add-on VPN clients, or other such installed here?

Diagnostics or Hardware Test show anything?

Which MacBook Pro model and year?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 4:45 PM in response to carendina12

That looks like either a low-level macOS problem, or a hardware problem.

I’d try an SMC and NVRAM reset, and reboot into Safe Mode and test again there, though would not presume that’ll work.

Any add-on cleaners, add-on anti-malware, add-on VPN clients, or other such installed here?

Diagnostics or Hardware Test show anything?

Which MacBook Pro model and year?

Whenever I 3-finger swipe, lines appear across the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.