Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many black blinking horizontal lines on at the top ot the screen lcd Macbook Pro

Hello, i have problem with my Macbook Pro (2017 13") I have black horizontal lines in the upper part of the screen, there are more and more of them over time and fill the screen lower and lower. After turning off and on again, they disappear, but after a while (few minutes) they start to come again, which may be the reason ? The system is updated to the latest version. Could it be something with the graphics or rather a problem with the wires connecting the screen to the rest of the computer ? Or maybe something else ? When I change the tilt angle of the screen it does not affect the blinking of the lines.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 3:36 PM

ZeroCochrane wrote:

Hello, i have problem with my Macbook Pro (2017 13") I have black horizontal lines in the upper part of the screen, there are more and more of them over time and fill the screen lower and lower. After turning off and on again, they disappear, but after a while (few minutes) they start to come again, which may be the reason ? The system is updated to the latest version. Could it be something with the graphics or rather a problem with the wires connecting the screen to the rest of the computer ? Or maybe something else ? When I change the tilt angle of the screen it does not affect the blinking of the lines.

You have a hardware issue— your symptoms points to GPU

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 3:36 PM in response to ZeroCochrane

ZeroCochrane wrote:

You have a hardware issue— your symptoms points to GPU

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Many black blinking horizontal lines on at the top ot the screen lcd Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.